Help is at hand
If you or anyone you know suffer from epilepsy and have been told that you may be suitable to have surgery for it, you don’t have to go it alone because we are here to support you. Our group is run by a small group of volunteers who have either had surgery themselves or know someone very closely, which means they have a wealth of experience. Our group can help you cope better and feel less isolated as you make new connections with others facing this difficult journey. Our support group shouldn't replace your standard medical care, but it can be a valuable resource to help you cope. We are a relaxed, friendly and confidential space where patients, friends and family members come together in an effort to support each other through mainly online discussions but also in person at meetings organised via facebook. Members use the group as a place to organise meetings in their local vicinity which brings many benefits including:
- Feeling less isolated.
- Gain a sense of empowerment.
- A chance to talk openly and honestly about your feelings.
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue.
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation.
- Getting practical advice or information about treatment options.
- Comparing notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options.
- Make long term friendships and raising positive awareness.